This repo just collects a few additional presentations outside of any specific research projects. Some of these are general “background” presentations about myself or my research for different audiences, and some are brief discussant slides for different conferences or seminars. Just click on the link to each presentation for more info. Note that if you’re viewing this on GitHub, the links will take you to the raw html code. If you want to see the rendered slides, you’ll need to view the slides here.
- CBO, June 2021 This is a presentation I did for the CBO just to introduce myself to various teams during my visiting scholar position in 2021.
- Oxford College, March 2022 This is a presentation I did for Oxford College as part of their Lyceum Lecture Series. We discussed health care in the U.S., focusing on high hospital prices and lack of competition.
- Emory Alumni, August 2022 This is a presentation to Emory Alumni on U.S. health care, hospital pricing, and health economics research at Emory University.
Conference Discussant Slides
- ASHEcon, June 2021, Ryan 2021 Slides for discussion of How does insurance competition affect medical consumption? presented by Conor Ryan
- ASHEcon, June 2021, Basu 2021 Slides for discussion of Financial burdens of out-of-pocket spending among Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries: Role of the ‘big four’ chronic health conditions presented by Rashmita Basu
- ASHEcon, June 2021, Curto 2021 Slides for discussion of Vertical integration among health care providers in Massachusetts presented by Vilsa Curto
- SHESG, October 2021, Wendling 2021 Slides for discussion of The Effect of Physician Group Mergers on the Health Outcomes of Medicare Beneficiaries presented by Brett Wendling
- ASHEcon, June 2022, Hughes 2022 Slides for discussion of Healthy Reviews! Online Physician Ratings Reduce Healthcare Interruptions presented by Danny Hughes
- ASHEcon, June 2022, Hou 2022 Slides for discussion of Peer Participation in the Medicare Shared Savings Program presented by Youcheng Hou
- ASHEcon, June 2022, Stecher 2022 Slides for discussion of Reducing Racial Disparities through Experience: Evidence from Medical Device Choice in Cardiac Catherization Labs presented by Chad Stecher
- AHEW, October 2022, Vatter 2022 Slides for discussion of Quality Disclosure and Regulation: Scoring Design in Medicare Advantage by Benjamin Vatter
- AHEC, April 2023, Leder-Luis 2023 Slides for discussion of Dying or Lying? For-Profit Hospices and End of Life Care presented by Jetson Leder-Luis
- ASHEcon, June 2023, Wu 2023 Slides for discussion of Origin of Physician Practice Variation: Role of Training and Clinical Trials presented by Bingxiao Wu
- ASHEcon, June 2023, Khvan 2023 Slides for discussion of Role of Insurance in Monitoring Physician Fraud and Other Healthcare Delivery Crimes presented by Margarita Khvan
- ASHEcon, June 2023, Chang 2023 Slides for discussion of Effect of Critical Access Hospital Designation on Inpatient Prices in Employer-Sponsored Insurance presented by Jessica Chang
- MHEC, September 2023, Levin 2023 Slides for discussion of If We (Re)Build It, Will They Come? Evidence from California presented by Zach Levin